Appleby-in-Westmorland, CMA CA16 6UL
Are you updating or renovating your property in Appleby or surrounding villages? Do you want a warm damp-free home?
Join us on this free short workshop to learn about the techniques and materials used to make older buildings more energy efficient and weather resilient.
You’ll come away with lots of practical guidance and information and opportunities for further professional advice, including:
• How to make your home more energy efficient
• Fixing damp and draughts in older buildings
• Choosing the right materials for the type of building and location
• Weather resilience, including where a building is at risk of flooding
• Real-life example in Appleby
Trainer: James Innerdale, a highly experienced architect specialising in the repair, conservation and adaptation of historic buildings.
Refreshments are provided as part of the workshop.
Things to know before you book:
Accessibility: The workshop at Appleby Heritage Centre has a combination of steps and ramps. There are short flights of steps with handrails in some parts of the centre.
Note there’s a choice of two dates for this course. This listing is for the 10th Sept. Book for the 18th Sept instead.
Our grateful thanks to the organisations and funders who are supporting this event!
We are able to offer this training FREE thanks to support from The Lottery Community Fund and Historic England.
You might also like...
* Visit the Ready for Rain house in Appleby. Find out more
* Learn about types of lime and its benefits for traditional buildings, including when and how to use it for pointing, plastering and insulation. Find out more
* Talk and demonstration on how to internally insulate solid stone and brick walls. Find out more
This event is part of the Cumbria Green Build & Sustainable Living Festival 2019. Thank you to our headline sponsor: