|Under 18s ticket||£0.00|
Penrith, CA11 8JH
Join us for this unique event, open to the general public as well as young people.
A panel of politicians (including MPs), an activist and a climate expert will answer questions that have been submitted in advance by young people from across Cumbria. The questions will be put to them at the event by an interview panel of young people representing the voice of children across the county.
The event has been organised after children at Cumbria’s first youth summit on climate change in April said they wanted more opportunities to speak to, question and influence people in positions of power.
Attend the event
The event is open to the general public as well as youth groups and schools.
As it's during school hours, we invite teachers to attend with a small group of students. If you're a young person, please tell your teachers about the event and ask if a group from your school can come along.
About the panel
Our high-profile panel includes:
- Mike Berners-Lee (carbon footprinting consultant, author and CAfS patron)
- Councillor Helen Davison (Carlisle City Council's first Green Party councillor)
- MP Tim Farron (Liberal Democrats)
- Henry Goodwin (Sustainable Carlisle and Extinction Rebellion)
- MP Sue Hayman (Labour Party - shadow minister for the environment)
- MP MP Rory Stewart (Conservative Party) - UPDATE: Unfortunately Rory is now unable to join us due to ministerial duties overseas. We are hopeful that another Conservative politician will be available and we'll post an update here.
Part of the CAfS 20th anniversary celebrations