|Under 18s||£ 5.00|
Cockermouth, CA13 0RY
This half-day family visit to Danaway Permaculture Homestead explores how we can design sustainable lifestyles to reduce our impact on natural systems, re-evaluating every aspect of our lives.
You will meet others on that journey and be introduced to approaches and solutions to give you stepping stones in your own family’s journey to sustainable living.
The topics we will explore include:
- Livelihood, Location and Transport
- Relationships, Community and Collaboration
- Shelter, Water, Heat and Light
- Local and Grow Your Own Food
- Making, Mending and Recycling
- Creating Space for Wildlife and Keeping Animals
This event also runs on Sunday 29th September. View details for that option instead >
Things to know before you book
Accessibility: Please contact us if you would like to discuss accessibility for this venue.
Please wear sturdy outdoor shoes and weather-appropriate outdoor clothing.
Unfortunately we can’t accommodate dogs at this event.
You might also like...
* Film Screening of 'A Different Kind of Hope' at Kirkgate Arts Centre in Cockermouth. Find out more
* Learn about the 'no-dig' way of growing vegetables at a private veg garden, polytunnel & orchard. Find out more
This event is part of the Cumbria Green Build & Sustainable Living Festival 2019. Thank you to our headline sponsor: