About the supplier
Ecological Building Systems UK was established in 2007 in Cumbria by our current Director, Penny Randell with our sister company, Ecological Building Systems operating in Ireland for 20 years. Our parent company, MacCann & Byrne, is steeped in history having been established on the same premises in Athboy, Ireland in 1906 and to this day is family owned and run.
Our ethos at Ecological Building Systems is support the creation of a better built environment through the supply of innovative, sustainable, ecological materials that deliver quality, affordable building solutions. We optimise building performance and durability through the use of more natural, breathable (vapour open) materials, widely used in low energy new build or retrofit projects. Through our strong relationships with various European partners, we are the sole UK distributor for a number of innovative, ecological building solutions including:
• Diasen cork and lime thermal plasters, ideal for upgrading solid stone/heritage/listed buildings
• The 'pro clima' range of intelligent Airtightness and Windtightness systems
• Gutex natural wood fibre insulation systems for roofs, walls and floors
• Calsitherm Climate Boards, insulation that is ideal for cold and condensation prone areas
• Thermo Jute 100, natural insulation for lofts, walls or floors, made from upcycled jute fibre sacks
• Elka Strong Board, a highly breathable (vapour open) structural wood particle board
• Unilin Vapour Block, an Airtight structural board
• A full range of complimentary airtightness accessories including attic hatches, downlight sealing solutions etc
We pride ourselves on our technical expertise and our highly knowledgeable, experienced team are available to provide support with technical calculations, site visits, training, project backup etc. We have many examples of our systems being used in a variety of projects, including domestic, public, commercial and heritage and we'd be pleased to provide any further information you may need, full quotation with delivery costs, details of lead times etc.