Date posted: 26 February 2020
Closing date: 12pm on Monday 23 March 2020
Due to the current situation with Coronavirus, we are suspending the recruitment of this post for the time being. If you were interested in applying but had not yet done so, please send an email to email@example.com by the deadline of 12pm on Monday 23 March 2020 to express your interest in the role. We will keep your details on file and contact you when we resume the recruitment to invite you to apply then.
Details about the post – for reference only at this stage
HOURS: 30 hours per week, with flexibility to be worked across 4 or 5 days (with potential to expand to full time subject to funding)
START/END DATE: Start ASAP. Fixed-term contract to end Jan 2021 (with potential for extension subject to funding)
SALARY RANGE: £16,000 to £21,000 full-time equivalent (£12,800 to £16,800 for the 30-hour week)
LOCATION: Eden Rural Foyer, Old London Road, Penrith, CA11 8ET
CAfS is growing, and we will be looking for an experienced project support officer to join our busy administrative team. It’s a role with a lot of variety, helping us to deliver our wide range of projects and keep CAfS running smoothly. The postholder will support our events, assist customers, answer our busy phones, coordinate meetings, and support our HR, payroll and financial management, among other tasks. They’ll be part of a friendly and supportive team, helping CAfS to tackle climate change in Cumbria.
Application & Interview Process
As noted above, recruitment for this post is currently on hold due to the Coronavirus situation.
Please follow the instructions above to register an interest and we’ll get in touch when recruitment opens.
THE EMPLOYER: Cumbria Action for Sustainability (CAfS)
LOCATION: Eden Rural Foyer, Old London Road, Penrith
REPORTS TO: Administration Officer
HOURS: 30 hours per week, with flexibility to be worked across 4 or 5 days (with potential to expand to full time subject to funding).
START/END DATE: Start ASAP. Fixed term contract to end Jan 2021 (with potential for extension subject to funding).
SALARY RANGE: £16,000 to £21,000 FTE (£12,800 to £16,800 for the 30-hour week).
CAfS ROLE AND PURPOSE
Our vision is a zero carbon Cumbria and we strive to bring about a better way of life, in balance with our environment. Our mission is to empower and enable people, communities and businesses to live and work more sustainably by sharing our knowledge, practice, skills, networks and practical experience.
Our team of fourteen highly skilled staff work with a pool of specialist contractors and volunteers to deliver around 20 major, transformational low-carbon projects each year. CAfS is the leading organisation in Cumbria showcasing low carbon living, energy efficiency improvements, renewable technology and reduced use of fossil fuels, both on a domestic scale and in the community. The charity is driving the shift towards a zero carbon Cumbria and provides information, advice and motivation through events, site visits and practical projects. Now celebrating our 21st year, CAfS is the first point of reference in the county for information on sustainability. CAfS is a dynamic, pro-active and responsive organisation, continually striving to deliver effective projects that make an impact and which create a ‘shift’.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To provide a professional, friendly and comprehensive support service to all staff working in CAfS, as well as excellent customer service to our clients, including vulnerable customers. The role includes a range of administrative duties to support our core team and Project Managers to deliver their work.
1. To undertake administration tasks as directed by the relevant staff member. This includes providing quality customer service; arranging appointments; event administration; project administration; inputting and analysing data; organising and minuting meetings; liaising with clients and contractors; drafting letters and emails; ordering equipment and stationery; collating monitoring and financial information
2. To perform a telephone reception function; taking enquiries and requests and ensuring clear and full messages via phone, email or in person are relayed to the relevant person, input onto the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system or followed up as necessary.
3. To respond to online information enquiries, logging enquiries in line with CAfS processes.
4. To undertake finance and administration tasks as directed by the Administration Officer. This includes inputting of data onto Quickbooks finance recording systems; issuing and coding of invoices and receipts; chasing unpaid invoices, generating reports from Quickbooks; arranging for cheques and online bank payments to be paid on time.
5. To undertake Payroll tasks as directed by the Administration Officer. This includes inputting of data onto payroll recording systems, collating timesheets and expenses.
6. To coordinate meetings where required. To include booking rooms, arranging catering, preparing and circulating agendas, action lists and confidential minutes.
7. To provide support to events. To include administering bookings on our website and CRM, managing sign-ins, preparing and packing event kit, setting up rooms and attending where required.
8. To support the Administration Officer in reviewing CAfS policies and procedures including organising training and record keeping
9. To provide support for the ongoing implementation of GDPR requirements and the CRM system.
10. Provide ‘HR’ support to our Staff, Volunteers and Trustees. To include ensuring relevant inductions take place; volunteer leads are appointed; and that paperwork is completed and filed appropriately.
11. Assist with maintaining office systems; organising, storing and destroying paperwork, documents and computer based information; researching insurance options; updating policies and procedures; keeping inventory updated and storeroom tidy.
12. Undertake relevant training to ensure continued personal development relevant to the area of work.
13. Perform other duties that may be required from time to time.
The hours of work are flexible but must include core office hours of 10am-3pm. There may also be occasional need to work evenings/weekends for event or meeting support.
This job description is not exhaustive, but is provided to assist the postholder to know what her/his main duties are. It may be amended from time to time without change to the levels of responsibility appropriate to the grade of the post and in discussion with the postholder.
To be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in providing administrative support in a dynamic and demanding environment.
• Excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Experience of reception function.
• Event organisation, meeting administration and effective minute taking skills.
• Ability to proactively handle a wide range of tasks and prioritise these effectively.
• Ability to use initiative and make effective decisions.
• Ability to use a comprehensive range of IT software (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and the willingness to train in additional IT skills as and when required.
• Accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to work to tight timeframes.
• A good level of numeracy.
• Good written and proof reading skills.
• Tact, patience and diplomacy.
• Ability to maintain a sensitive and professional approach towards colleagues and service users, mindful of confidentiality and anti-discriminatory practices.
• Empathy with CAfS aims, values and objectives.
To be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in undertaking invoice processing, managing incoming and outgoing payments.
• Experience in inputting information to finance/bookkeeping packages.
• Experience of Quickbooks finance package.
• Experience of Database/Customer Relationship Management systems
• Experience of data gathering, manipulation and reporting e.g. customer data
• Experience of providing HR support.
• An understanding of energy efficiency in the home.
• An understanding of the work of CAfS and the impact of climate change on the environment and economy.