Did you know that when you shop online, you can raise funds for CAfS at no cost to you whatsoever?
We always encourage you to consume as little stuff as possible, and to support local businesses for the things you really need to buy. But for those purchases that you need to make online, it’s really easy to generate funds for CAfS.
It’s like giving a little Christmas present to the environment with every purchase you make.
Shopping with most big online retailers
Some of the biggest online retailers will make a small donation to CAfS when you shop with them. Argos, Amazon, Booking.com, Boots, M&S, eBay… the list goes on! It’s all done through Give As You Live. Here’s what to do:
- Go to http://www.giveasyoulive.com/join/cumbriaactionforsustainability and fill in a few details to register.
- Then start your online shopping trip each time at www.giveasyoulive.com, and click on the retailer you want. You’ll go straight to their website, but your purchases will raise donations to CAfS.
- It’s even easier if you use Google Chrome. You can add the Give As You Live extension and it will pop up if you’re shopping with one of the retailers that are part of the scheme. With just one click, it’ll sort out any donations to CAfS. There are instructions for adding the extension at the bottom of this page.
Shopping on Amazon
If you’re shopping on Amazon, you can help us by accessing it via Give As You Live. Amazon also has its own way of raising funds for charities when you shop with them. It’s called AmazonSmile.
- Instead of going to amazon.co.uk, go to https://smile.amazon.co.uk
- Shop as normal
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases
When you go there for the first time, it will prompt you to log into your Amazon account and then ask you to choose your charity. Search for Cumbria Action for Sustainability. You should only have to do this once. Find out more about AmazonSmile >